C Dominique Gibson
Anyone who knows and understands me, must be both, is aware of my appreciation of the simple things in life. Things we often take forgranted or are too busy or self-absorbed to notice. I have a heart condition that also gave me an irregular heartbeat. Sometimes I can feel and hear my heart stop beating every 4th rotation. I had a scare when I was 20 and I was certain that I was going to die. This experience made me stop and realize that things I gave so much weight, weren't at all important. It was those things that I had never given a thought about, that was suddenly important. Things like my mother's quirky smile when her favourite show airs, my brother's constant babbling about conspiracy theories, my stepmother's beautiful Trinidadian accent, my father's smiling eyes, my older sister's lingo, my older brother's impressions, my stepfather's humour, and the new life that graces this earth in my nephews and godchildren. Those small things have never been more profoundly precious to me and though I sometimes have to be reminded of their weight, I still find those things fascinating.




I guess that is why I enjoy nature. I love the moon close to midnight. I appreciate sun's warmth and direction. I love to follow the roots of trees and sometimes take a moment to touch the soil that provides the nutrients necessary to those roots which have been around for perhaps hundreds of years. Nature is a thing of simple beauty and yet, most of us walk by them everyday without a thought. Well, I thought I would share with you all, my Pet Mushrooms, as a twitter friend of mine so aptly named them. Whenever I walk by this old tree stump, there would be just a few mushrooms, maybe a bunch of three. By midnight, there are three more bunches, in the morning several more. That is so amazing and beautiful to me. Their proliferation and multiplication is accelerated. It almost seems like the blink of an eye. Enough of my babbling, here are the photos of my Pet Mushrooms.



Labels: , , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment