C Dominique Gibson
Today, I was thinking about all the people, who have loved and lost. In that number was I. I thought about all the people, friends, relatives I’ve lost and never got the chance to say goodbye to. Then I thought about everyone who has ever been in love with someone, never got over them and they passed. If you had to write them a letter, what would you say?











Here is what I came up with…










Dear Beloved Gone Before Me,






I wanted to say this for a while now,


Perhaps it is too late… you are before the world, gone.


I loved you, more than I have words to express.


I’m sorry I didn’t stand by your mother as she wept for you…






You see, I watched from a gravestone,


As they lowered you to the ground,


I watched from a distance as your… fiancĂ© wept.


I had no place there I realized… I should have left.






I was your past, though I wished to be your future.


And yet, your future is no more.


It left you that fateful day.






I only approached you, after THEY left.


And though I said goodbye then,


I didn’t really.


Because I couldn’t bear to let you go.






I know you wonder, what that has to do with now,


I know you wonder why I brought this letter and a single white rose,


I know you wonder where that leaves us in terms of closure.


Or maybe you had closure the day you walked away from me…


And I am left to say my FINAL GOODBYE






Yours in love and truth,


The one you left behind










©2009 C. Dominique Gibson






A Haiku






Love everlasting


Life ever ending, never


Long enough for us…

0 Responses

Post a Comment